Monday 20 July 2015

Work in Progress - July 2015

Newbie doobie doo...been a bit tardy recently (commitments elsewhere - allotment, home improvement, week's holiday in Turkey), but there's still some forward motion to report. That large orange canvas is temporarily away from the shop/gallery in order for me to grab a quick hi-resolution scan of it so I can make a limited run of prints...


The white canvas is coming along slowly but surely, and I'm getting back into painting-on-not-canvas (small metal bits and bobs of indeterminate origin) as well as that guitar body bit you can see (and an accompanying guitar neck that I'm sanding and prepping)...


I found a handy little tabletop easel for a fiver in a charity shop on Gloucester Road, and it's boosting my workflow in a pleasant fashion, as its a lot more comfortable for painting, angle-wise. I'm adding the final touches to the small blue canvas, which is going in the studio open exhibition in September...