Friday 12 October 2012

Guitars!

Here's my babies.

I have a strict policy of "no more than three electric guitars at any one time", so these are my current beasties. The two Telecasters have been extensively modified, the PRS is essentially 'stock'.

Mr Black:


Body - Mexican 1996
Neck - USA deluxe 2002
Pickups - Seymour Duncan (Phat Cat P90, Nashville Five-Two, Quarter Pounder)
All new electrics, five-way selector, push/pull in/out of phase, series/parallel pots, kill switch.

Mr Blonde:


2003 Fender Japan Thinline
Pickups - Seymour Duncan ('59 Humbucker, Nashville Five-Two, Quarter Pounder)
Fishman powerbridge/stereo output electrosocket
All new electrics, five-way selector, push/pull in/out of phase, series/parallel pots, three-way switch (piezo pickups/normal pickups/both)

My latest acquisition::


Paul Reed Smith Custom 22, bought for cash from a fella on ebay after much hand-wringing and soul searching. I sold a Godin that I'd never quite got on with in order to rationalise purchasing a pricey PRS and to stick to the "three guitars" brief.

It has the nicest neck I've ever played, a lovely sound from the Three P90 pickups, a pretty gorgeous guitar.